Subject: Database proposal

Greetings!

A quick comment on the opening paragraph of the proposal, which reads:

> Though documents conforming to this proposal will be single-file and
> database-like, they may actually not contain any relational data, as
> usually associated with the term database. Instead, such documents
> will contain anything a user wants to create and store as front-end
> for a database: Queries, Forms, Reports, plus information how to
> connect to the actual data.

Following "they may actually not contain any relational data..." with
"Instead, such documents will contain..."  creates the impression that
the documents will not contain the results of queries.

I suspect the intent was to say that these documents are not "databases"
nor files for "databases" but the wording seems to go beyond that. After
all, the result of a query is "relational data" in the usual sense of
the word.

Suggest:

Though documents conforming to this proposal will be single-file and
database-like, they are not database files. Such documents will contain
anything a user wants to create and store as front-end for a database:
Queries, Forms, Reports, information how to connect to the actual data
and the results of queries.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick@Durusau.net
Member, Text Encoding Initiative Board of Directors, 2003-2005