Subject: OpenDocument TC IPR mode

Dear TC members,

you may have read that the first TCs have transitioned to the 2005 OASIS IPR
Policy[1]. The OpenDocument TC has not transitioned to the 2005 OASIS IPR
Policy, and therefore currently is operating under the legacy IPR policies.
But since more than 50% of our TC's members have signed the new membership
agreement, the OpenDocument TC may start a transition[2] to the new IPR
policies now.

Because it is likely that we will found one or more sub committees in the
near future, I think it would be very reasonable to transit to the 2005 IPR
policies before or arround the same time we found them. This will make it
clear especially for new TC members what our future IPR mode will be.

My proposal would be that we specify to run under RF on Limited Terms Mode
described in section section 10.2.3 of the 2005 IPR policies[3]. My
assumption is that we are in agreement here.

I will put this topic on the agenda for our conference call on Monday.

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/200511/msg00002.html
[2] http://www.oasis-open.org/who/ipr/ipr_transition_policy.php
[3] http://www.oasis-open.org/who/intellectualproperty.php