Subject: XML.org OpenDocument Focus Area

OASIS OpenDocument TC members:

The Consortium is in the process of redesigning and expanding XML.org to include Focus Areas for specific OASIS Standards. As
interest in OpenDocument is very high, we're hopeful that our TC members will support the creation and maintenance of an XML.org
Standard Focus Area dedicated to educating the marketplace on OpenDocument.

The XML.org OpenDocument Focus Area will serve as a non-commercial, comprehensive, informational resource for those using or
considering the use of ODF. Based on Drupal (www.drupal.org) technology and incorporating a wiki, the site will feature links to
relevant content on member and non-member sites as much as possible (authors need not re-publish or relinquish copyrights on company
materials). When appropriate, new content will be published on XML.org, and a collaborative workspace and discussion area for the
community will also be offered.

A preliminary list of the types of content to be provided includes:

* Links to compliant product information

* Links to press releases and articles on OpenDocument

* Case studies

* Links to white papers and books

* Events calendar

* ODF Special Interest Groups

* Other (all suggestions welcome)

Content for the site will be created and maintained by the XML.org OpenDocument Focus Area Editorial Board, made up of interested
OASIS members. The community at-large will also be invited to submit information.

Sponsorship of the XML.org OpenDocument Focus Area will be available to OASIS members for 5,000 USD/year. A portion of these funds
will be allocated for projects to promote OpenDocument adoption, as recommended by the TC. Sponsors will receive their linked logos
on all pages of the OpenDocument Focus Area. Sponsorship is offered as a way to increase visibility for your participation in
OpenDocument and to support OpenDocument promotional activities; however, sponsorship is not required for content submission or
inclusion. It is our hope that all OASIS OpenDocument TC members will participate in and benefit from this XML.org Focus Area.

For more information, please join us for an update and planning session on Tuesday, 29 Nov, at 3:30 pm ET. Email
carol.geyer@oasis-open.org for dial-in information or with regrets.

Note: Please regard this as TC confidential for now; we'll issue a press release and public call for content at the appropriate
time.

Regards,

Mary McRae
Carol Geyer