OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: [office] OpenDocument TC Meeting Minutes 2005-12-05


Duane Nickull <dnickull@adobe.com>, Adobe Systems
Robert Weir <robert_weir@us.ibm.com>, IBM
Patrick Durusau <patrick@durusau.net>
Gary Edwards <garyedwards@yahoo.com>
David Faure <faure@kde.org>
Waldo Bastian <waldo.bastian@intel.com>, Intel
Mary McRae <mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>, OASIS
Michael Brauer <michael.brauer@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems
Lars Oppermann <lars.oppermann@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems

Acceptance of Minutes from Last Call
The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes.

Action Items
  - none -

Duane has returned from his leave of absence.

Discussed Topics

IPR mode transition:
as discussed in the last call, Michael moved to issue a formal IPR mode 
transition request to transition the TC to run under RF on Limited Terms 
Mode described in sections section 10.2.1 and 10.2.3 of the 2005 IPR 

The attending TC members unanimously carried the motion.

Action: Michael to issue the transition request to OASIS

Note: Upon reception of the request, a ballot will be created in which 
the primary representatives of the TC member organizations will vote on 
the transition. For a successful vote, at least 50% of the 
representatives have to vote and there must not be any negative votes. 
Everybody should make their primary representatives aware of this vote. 
The vote will run for at least 30 days (depending on weekends)

Text Object position

David proposed, that attributes should be added, by which the absolute 
position of objects on a page can be stored, even when the object is not 
anchored to the page (e.g. anchored to paragraph). This would help 
applications that do not implement all the layout features of 
OpenDocument to position such objects.
It is clear, that rendering a document in such a way will not always 
lead to perfect results, and is also clear, that the simpler application 
will need to change the document in such a way, that the object is 
anchored in some supported way, if it was to modify and save the document.
There was a consensus that the idea of layout-hints was useful in 
general. However, there is more discussion needed as to what the general 
approach in handling such 'hints' should be in the specification.
Discussion points:
- Hints should always be optional
- Should hints be in a special name space?
- Should hints be a normative part of the specification?
- Should hints be stored as meta-data rather than directly in the document?

Action: The discussion should be carried on on the mailing list.

New Action Items:
Michael: send out IPR transition request
David, Lars (Florian, all): Continue discussion/proposal on layout hints

Next conference call
2005-12-12 4PM GMT – 5:00PM GMT

Lars Oppermann

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]