OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: [office] OpenDocument TC Meeting Minutes 2005-12-12

Paul Langille <paul.langille@corel.com>, Corel Corporation
Nathaniel Borenstein <nborenst@us.ibm.com>, IBM
Yue Ma <mayue@cn.ibm.com>, IBM
Robert Weir <robert_weir@us.ibm.com>, IBM
Patrick Durusau <patrick@durusau.net>
Gary Edwards <garyedwards@yahoo.com>
David Faure <faure@kde.org>
Michael Brauer <michael.brauer@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems
Peter Korn <peter.korn@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems
Lars Oppermann <lars.oppermann@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems
Florian Reuter <florian.reuter@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems

Acceptance of Minutes from Last Call
The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes.

Action Items

Michael: send IPR transition request to OASIS
Florian, David, Lars (,others): discuss object position hints

Discussed Topics

Meeting Schedule:
last call this year will be Dec. 12th. First call next year will be Jan. 

Main topic for the next call will be  meta data (proposal from Adobe)

Update on ASC (Accessibility Sub-Committee):
6 Members so far.
The SC members are currently working on clearing up all barriers that 
would prevent participants with disabilities to join the SC, before 
starting actual discussion
- ensure all web pages are accessible etc.
- adobe is helping with accessible version of membership PDF form
Robert is leading this effort and will update the TC.

Discussion on Object Position Hints:
Florian and David have been discussing the issue. While the proposed 
feature would solve some immediate problems, the solution has a number 
of drawbacks:
- depends on all preceding paragraphs and page-breaks to happen in the 
same way as in the application that wrote out the hint.
- if an application uses this to turn a paragraph anchored frame into a 
page anchored frame, document round-trip suffers.

Florian suggested, that it would make sense to handle such problems, by 
defining certain subsets of OpenDocuments, which exclude certain 
features not understood by a certain class of applications, e.g. web 
browsers, mobile devices etc.
It would then be an applications responsibility to guide the user in 
creating document that conform to a given profile.
David was of the opinion, that such a measure would rather complicate 
matters when used to solve the problem at hand.
There is no resolution now. Discussion will continue (mailing list).

New Action Items:
Robert: follow up on making ASC accessible

Next conference call
2005-12-19 4PM GMT – 5:00PM GMT

Lars Oppermann

To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that
generates this mail.  You may a link to this group and all your TCs in OASIS

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]