Subject: Re: [office] Formula Sub Committee Draft Charter

David,

as you probably have seen, the objective of the proposed formula sub
committee charter is to develop a specification for spreadsheet formulas that
may become part of the OpenDocument specification. This means, a
specification that is owned and maintained by OASIS. In addition to this, no
decission has been made whether the development of this specification will be
based on one or more proposals that TC members may contribute to OASIS, or
will be developed from scratch.

 From my understanding, your are working on a formula specification
(OpenFormula) that you have not contributed to the OASIS OpenDocument TC.

To be honest, I think this may cause a conflict of interests for you if the
TC nominates you as SC chair. To help the TC to understand whether such a
conflict of interests may exist, I think it would be very useful if you could
explain your plans regarding the OpenFormula specification and project to the
TC.

I think the TC is in particular interested to know whether you will
contribute the OpenFormula specification to the OpenDocument TC, and whether
you will continue the OpenFormula project when the formula sub committee has
been founded. The answer to the later questions may be different in the cases
that the TC decides to use the (contributed) OpenFormula as basis for its
works, and for the case it does not, so I would like to ask you to provide
anserws for both cases.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Best regards

Michael Brauer

OpenDocument TC chair