Subject: Re: [office] Formula Sub Committee Draft Charter

robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
> Is there any value of N in the above proposal which you would find
> satisfactory?  In other words, are you willing to make a best-attempt at
> convincing and turning around OASIS on this point, but then, after a
> certain date, be willing to cut your losses and make up lost time on the
> Subcommittee if that fails? I'd be pleased if we all agreed on the
> general outline of the above proposal, but differed in preferences for
> N.  That at least gives a point for negotiation.  In the end, I'm
> willing to be open minded, but not willing to be open ended.

I wholeheartedly agree to this. We cannot reach our goal of defining
formulas for OpenDocument, which already is an OASIS standard under
OASIS IPR rules by debating those very rules.

Bests
-Lars

--
Lars Oppermann <lars.oppermann@sun.com>               Sun Microsystems
Software Engineer - StarOffice                           Sachsenfeld 4