OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: [office] OpenDocument TC Meeting Minutes 2006-01-30

Paul Langille, Corel
Nathaniel Borenstein, IBM
Robert Weir, IBM
Patrick Durusau, Individual
Waldo Bastian, Intel
Jody Goldberg, Novell
Michael Brauer,	Sun Microsystems
Eike Rathke, Sun Microsystems
Florian Reuter, Sun Microsystems
Bruce D'Arcus, OpenDocument Foundation
Gary Edwards, The OpenDocument Foundation
David Wheeler, OpenDocument Foundation

Acceptance of Minutes from Last Call
The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes of 2006-01-23

Action Items
Michael, David: work on settings interop/spec - ongoing

Topics Discussed

A clarification of the issue has been posted in the meeting minutes of
2006-01-23. Michael will send a link to the minutes to the Japanese SC34
member body.

Coordination call
The TC unanimously agreed to have a TC coordination call every two 
weeks, Monday at 4pm GMT. TC coordination calls are counting towards 
voter eligibility in the TC.

The TC further agreed to have TC conference calls Mondays at 8am PT in 
the weeks where no coordination call takes place (to differ these calls 
from the coordination calls, they are called "work call" in this 
minutes). These calls do not count towards voter eligibility.

The purpose of the TC coordination call is to track the status of sub
committees, and to vote for proposals that have been prepared either by 
the sub committees, or in the work call.

The purpose of the TC work calls is to discuss topics that are not 
covered by the sub committees.

Face-to-face meeting
The TC discussed the possibility of a face-to-face meeting. Possible 
topics of a face-to-face meeting are:

- interoperability
- meta data

Michael will propose some dates for a face to face meeting.

Formula Sub Committee
David Wheeler reported that he believes that the IPR related concerns 
that he had regarding a contribution of the OpenFormula specification 
have been resolved, and that he intends to contribute OpenFormula to the 
OpenDocument TC when the TC has transitioned to the new IPR rules.

The TC discussed whether there are other communication channels for a 
formula sub committee than the mailing list and the document repository. 
Michael will clarify this.

The TC further agreed to vote for the foundation of a formula sub 
committee in the conference call. All TC members are asked to provide 
their feedback regarding the formula SC charter to the TC's mailing list.

New Action Items
Michael: send a link to the 26-01-23 minutes to the Japanese SC34 member 
Michael: propose dates for a face-to-face meeting
Michael: clarify alternative communication channels for SC's/TC's
All: Provide feedback on the formula SC charter

Next conference call
TC coordination call: 2006-02-06 4PM GMT – 5:00PM GMT

Michael Brauer

OpenDocument TC chair

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]