Subject: Re: [office] List item indents

On Feb 2, 2006, at 2:23 PM, David Faure wrote:

> In the attached document, you can see
>             <text:list text:style-name="L2">
>               <text:list-item>
>                 <text:list>
>                   <text:list-item>
>                     <text:list>
>                       <text:list-item>
>                         <text:p text:style-name="P3">three</text:p>
>                       </text:list-item>
>                     </text:list>
>                   </text:list-item>
>                 </text:list>
>               </text:list-item>
> [see why I very much prefer text:numbered-paragraph instead of this
> huge nesting of lists and list items?]

I can't comment on your question about indenting, but on this:

Why is this a problem? The structure of the presentation *is* a nested
list, and it maps quite well to HTML.

I guess it's worth noting, however, that the XHTML-based presentation
system S5 does this just a little different:

   <h1>Level 1 (Title)</h1>
   <ul>
     <li>Level 2
       <ul>