Subject: Re: [office] meta data

On Mar 10, 2006, at 5:33 AM, Florian Reuter wrote:

> The most challenging task will be the classification of all different
> use cases, as they arrive from anywhere. I would like to illustrate my
> own personal use case too.
>
> Consider e.g. you want to mark a text as Important.

This example is simply semantic styling; it just adds a kind o metadata
on top of document content.

Off to top of my head, I think there are likely at least the following
categories of use cases:

1) adding metadata to content (e.g. above)

2) linking enhanced metadata to text fields (using metadata to
*generate* content; e.g. citations)

Bruce