Subject: Re: [office] Bi-directional text.

You can have LTR text in a RTL paragraph by using left-to-right-mark and
right-to-left-mark or RTL/LTR-embedding unicode characters in the text.
unicode offerers these for exactly that purpose.
In OpenOffice 2.0, the insert-menu offers functions to insert those
marks when working in a CTL environment. The unicode bi-di algorithm
will when be applied accordingly.

I can see, how the same can be done with direction-attributes for
span-elements. Nevertheless, the current solution works and I am not
aware of any use-cases not covered by it. Do you know of any?

Bests
/lars