Subject: Re: Japan Comment 1 IRIs

Patrick, All,

I have made the changes you have suggested, and have replaced the
reference to RFC2396 with one to RFC3987. The reference to RFC3987 in
fact is correct, because the W3C Schema "anyURI" datatype that is used
in the OpenDocument schema contains IRIs, and these are described in
RFC3987 rather than RFC2396.

Like for the other changes, I would like to ask all TC members to review
the suggested changes below and in the new draft that I will post later
this day, and to let Patrick an me know about any concersn you have as
soon as possible.

Following is a list of the changes I made:

106, URI -> IRI (6x)

122, URI -> IRI

302, URI -> IRI (2x)

308, URI -> IRI

311, URI -> IRI

312, URI -> IRI

387, URI -> IRI

439, URI -> IRI

440, URI -> IRI (2x)

458, URI -> IRI

686 and 687, URI -> IRI (7 times)

686

A relative-path reference (as described in §5 of [RFC2396])

now reads

A relative-path reference (as described in §6.5 of [RFC3987])

695,

[RFC2396] T. Berners-Lee, R. Fielding, U.C. Irvine, L. Masinter, Uniform
Resource
Identifiers (URI): Generic Syntax, http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2396.txt,
IETF, 1998.

Now reads

[RFC3987]	M. Duerst, M. Suignard, Internationalized Resource Identifiers
(IRIs), http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3987.txt, IETF, 2005.