Subject: Re: [office] RE: OpenDocument TC: Submission for Public Review ofcommitee draft

Mary,

Mary McRae wrote On 06/08/06 17:29,:
> Excellent! If you want to include the .sxw as well that's fine. And I need an
> (X)HTML version as well. As soon as I get those I'll get the review announced.

I now have created ODT and XHTML versions of the specification document. I
further have created a new PDF version with StarOffice 8/OpenOffice.org 2.0,
which supports a better navigation in the file than the previous PDF version.
I don't think that it is reasonable to have both, a SXW and a ODT version of
the specification. While I did not remove the SXW version, I suggest that we
do not include it in the review.

Regarding the (X)HTML version: The OpenDocument specification is a paged
document, and makes use of some office application features that are not
availble in (X)HTML. The (X)HTML version therefore is not as convenient to
use as the ODT/PDF version. If therefore suggest that we consider the XHTML
version to be non-normative, if this is possible.

I've made two real editorial changes to the document:
1. I've change the document identifier from OpenDocument-v1.0-cd4.sxw to
OpenDocument-v1.0-cd4.odt.
2. While creating the HTML version I've noticed that the image on page 601
actually was an embedded object rather than an image. I've turned it into an
image. This shall simplify the creation of HTML version of the specification
for the future.

The new specification documents are at:

ODT:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/18648/OpenDocument-v1.0-cd4.odt

PDF:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/18651/OpenDocument-v1.0-cd4.pdf

XHTML (contained in a ZIP file)
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/18649/OpenDocument-v1.0-cd4.zip

I have further updates the non-normative versions of the committee draft,
that highlight the changes with a yellow background color, and where
possible, also contain change tracking information. They are at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/18647/OpenDocument-v1.0-cd4-ct.odt
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/18650/OpenDocument-v1.0-cd4-ct.pdf

Please note that changes in meta information (like the status information and
approval dates) and the table of content are only partially marked up.

I did not create an HTML version for this document, because it is
non-normative, and its difficult to make the change tracking information
visible in HTML.

The non-normative documents that list the changes that have been made from
the OpenDocument v1.0 specification to the committee draft that shall be
reviewed have not changed. They still are at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/18503/opendocument-v1.0-2nd-edition-changes.odt
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/18591/opendocument-v1.0-2nd-edition-changes.pdf

I hope this helps.

Michael