OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: [office] OpenDocument TC Coordination Call Minutes 2006-07-17

1. Dial-In, Roll Call

Nathaniel Borenstein, IBM
Yue Ma, IBM
Robert Weir, IBM
Helen Yue, IBM
Patrick Durusau, Individual
Waldo Bastian, Intel
Jody Goldberg, Novell
Michael Brauer, Sun Microsystems
Peter Korn, Sun Microsystems
Lars Oppermann, Sun Microsystems
Bruce D'Arcus, The OpenDocument Foundation
Gary Edwards, The OpenDocument Foundation
David Wheeler, The OpenDocument Foundation
Florian Reuter, The OpenDocument Foundation
Chris Nokelberg, Tonic Systems

Dhananjay Keskar, Intel
James Clark, OASIS

2. Approval of Meeting Minutes, Action Item Review

The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes from the last
coordination call.

3. Action Items

ACTION: Michael to create issue tracking document
- ongoing
ACTION: Michael: correct show-end-of-presentation-slide default to true
- done
ACTION: Michael: remove extra 'shall' in E.1
ACTION: Michael: request public review for OpenDocument 1.1 committee draft

4. OpenDocument 1.0ed2
(Jamie) the process for 1.0ed2 is finished, and I will put together the 
final package that will be submitted to ISO. In which format will we 
submit this
(Michael) ODT and PDF.
(Jamie) ... and the disposition report?
(Lars) final version is in the TC's document space, I'll send you the link
(Jamie) I'll put together the final package then and submit to SC34 
(DavidW) how do we best summarize the changes from 1.0 to ed2?
(Michael) editorial changes and clarification, most important: no schema 

5. OpenDocument 1.1

(Michael) we need to decide on whether we want to take 1.1 to full OASIS 
standard or if we stop at committee specification and then only have 1.2 
as OASIS standard again
(Rob) What is the process for addressing comments in 1.1. Do need to 
restart the procedure if we address any comments in the specification text?
(Michael) Only if the changes are substantial, we need to do an 
additional 15 day public review
(Jamie) What is the current expectation regarding the completion of the 
1.1 cycle
(Michael) we set out to finish 1.1 this year. We need to decide on 
whether we want to go through to OASIS standard or whther we stop at 
Committee Spec for 1.1
(Jamie) If goal is to have OASIS std, review has to start Aug 15th. The 
vote could then start Nov. 1st and finish Dec. 1st, given that there are 
no substantial changes due to comments.
(Michael) version 1.1 will not be submitted to ISO, hence the option to 
stop at committee spec.
(Peter) I also see no need for submitting 1.1 to ISO.
(Jamie) It could be done nevertheless, just for completeness
(Michael) Since 1.1 is addressing very specific issues, that some users 
of the specification need quickly and we already have a 1.2 planned, it 
is still questionable whether 1.1 should become full OASIS std at all
(Jamie) that is technically correct, but for some customers it might 
still be good for the document to have run through the whole process, 
since they might want to wait for that 'heighest status' before adopting
(Michal) Then I propose, that we vote for the new 1.1 draft 7 to become 
a Committee Draft and if that succeeds vote to put it up for public 
review and if the review does not result in any substantial changes, put 
it up for OASIS Standard vote.
(Peter) should we be putting up some content for the link in appendix E 
to point to
(Michael) I can ask Mary to put up at a fixed URL whatever the A11Y 
wants to link from there

ACTION: Peter to provide content for document linked in appendix E. to 

(Michael) Are there any objections to making OpenDocument 1.1 draft 7 a 
Committee Draft?
- no objections -
RESOLUTION draft 7 of OpenDocument 1.1 has been approved as Committee Draft

(Michael) Are there any objections to submitting our new Committee Draft 
for public review?
- no objections -
RESOLUTION: ODF 1.1 Committee Draft will be submitted for public review
ACTION: Michael to request public review for ODF 1.1 Committee Draft

6. New Action Items:
ACTION: Peter to provide content for document linked in appendix E. to 
ACTION: Michael to request public review for ODF 1.1 Committee Draft

7. Next Conference Call

coordination call: 2006-07-31, 3:00PM-4:00PM UTC

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]