Subject: Clarification request for 17.5

The spec (both 1.0 and 1.1) has the following sentence in 17.5

  "The following restrictions exist for IRIs that are used within a package:
   "• only sub files within the same package can be referenced."

If I stopped reading here I'd conclude that I can not reference a
file that is not in the package.  It's clear that this interpretation is
not correct, because the rest of the section clearly states that external
URIs may be referenced. However it is very confusing that the spec seems
to contradict itself on first reading.

So, I'd like to propose to replace that first bullet with:
• the only sub files that can be referenced are those that are in the same
package

I make this suggestion after at least 2 different people argued based on a
misinterpretation of this sentence.