OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: OpenDocument TC Coordination Call Minutes 2006-08-21

1. Dial-In, Roll Call

Yue Ma, IBM
Robert Weir, IBM
Jim Mason, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34
Patrick Durusau, Individual
David Faure, KDE
Michael Brauer, Sun
Lars Oppermann, Sun
David A. Wheeler, The OpenDocument Foundation
Gary Edwards, The OpenDocument Foundation

2. Approval of Meeting Minutes, Action Item Review

The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes from the last
coordination call.

3. Action Items

michael: issue tracking
- created wiki page for opendocument 1.2 action items
- tracking issues and features
   - added tables in presentations and other issues
   - need to sort out issues next (together with SC chairs)

peter: provide A11Y docuemnt for TC webpage
- no status (in progress)

michael: discuss A11Y rechartering
- ongoing

4. SC Status

(patrick) started writing requirements for usescases. nearing final set
of reqs for bib use-cases from bruce
we needed to switch meeting time due to bruce's teaching commitments
adding enhanced searching and collaborative editing

(david) we got comments on the syntax, walk through those, thanks
reposted comments on SC list
will write responses
have weekly updates as folks work the various functions
lots of misinformation about ODF and open formula
hence rob and I have build wiki page with content setting things right

5. Comments for ODF 1.1

links to comments on wiki page

soft page breaks comment from Malte,
current text says "specifies whether doc contains page breaks" should
read "contains soft page breaks"
(michael) anyone thinks this is substantial change?
personally don't think so,
(lars)it's a clarification of what we meant when we came up with the
- no objection -
RESOLUTION: change this after review. not a substantial page

(michael) ... provides facility to torn on/off page breaks is not clear
whether this is regarding to import and export. proposal is to add
"export of"  to clarify
(michael) any objections to change this as requested as a
non-substantial change?
-no objection -
RESOLUTION: edit the specification accordingly.

(michael) comments from daniel carrera regarding change tracking
1. typo math<->match is editorial.

2. example is wrong. in the third example, the result contains a text:h
where it should say text:p
any objection correcting this as unsubstantial change?
- no objections -
RESOLUTION: correct example for change tracking as unsubstantial channge

3. another error in example, similar to previous. deletion contains
text:p, but result after rejection contains text:h
either change deletion or change result
propose to change the deletion part of the example to be consistent with
what the example says should be the result after the rejection.
- no objection -
RESOLUTION: fix example

4. description of deletion element. if text is removed, it is wrapped
into text:p or text:h elements. p.80 describes to insert the deletion at
the position of a delete-mark as if start/end tags were missing ... ???

end tag must be adepted to start tag
not sure that if we change this it would be unsubstantial
should be obvious once one tries to implement
(lars) anyone thins that this is substantial
(david) I'd think it's an errata. did anyone implement it that way
(lars) I agree
(david) anyone objecting calling this an erratum (editorial change)
- no objection -
RESOLUTION: note an erratum and correct the specification (editorial change)

(michael) no more comments so far
and last agenda item
patrick, is there an update on the disposition report
(patrick) it has been submitted to ISO
will be sent out for publication when disposition ballot is done

(michael) any other topics
(david) I'd like to repeat my plea for people to help with function
(michael) did more people join
(david) yes, and we are making progress, e.g. complex number functions

[call ends]

New Action Items
- none -

Next Conference Call
work call: 2006-08-28, 3:00PM-4:00PM UTC

Lars Oppermann <lars.oppermann@sun.com>               Sun Microsystems
Software Engineer                                         Nagelsweg 55
Phone: +49 40 23646 959                         20097 Hamburg, Germany
Fax:   +49 40 23646 550                  http://www.sun.com/staroffice

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]