Subject: Request for Information

Hi folks,

  This email was sent to support@oasis-open.org and therefore logged in our IT ticket system. I'm reconstituting the message the best I can, but Eventum strips the header info so I'm not sure who else this message might have been sent to. My apologies if you've already received a copy of this note.

-----

Sender: zacherle@szs.uni-karlsruhe.de

Subject:  Question about MathML in ODF

Dear Sirs,

the Study Centre for Blind and Partially Sighted Students of the
university of Karlsruhe is currently planning a european project in
which we plan to convert ODF documents to full DAISY (www.daisy.org)
books.

Today, when looking into ODF documents from Staroffice and Open Office I
stumbled upon the line "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE
math:math PUBLIC "-//OpenOffice.org//DTD Modified W3C MathML 1.01//EN"
"math.dtd">.

Could you please tell me where the ODF 1.0 (or 1.1, if there will be
something new) MathML implementation differs from the W3C one? According
to http://blogs.msdn.com/brian_jones/comments/700494.aspx this may have
to do with the ease of validation of MathML files written by StarMath
6.0.

Thank you in advance!

Yours sincerely

Michael Zacherle

Dipl. Phys. Michael Zacherle zacherle@szs.uni-karlsruhe.de <mailto:zacherle@szs.uni-karlsruhe.de>
Studienzentrum für Sehgeschädigte, Universität Karlsruhe (TH)
Engesserstraße 4, 76128 Karlsruhe, Germany
Tel.: (+49) 721/608-2760 Fax: (+49) 721/608-2020