Subject: Re: [office] white-space processing proposal

On 18/09/06, David Faure <faure@kde.org> wrote:

> I don't think that's a problem given that the whitespace is used for readability only
> (so good editors should have the option of making the output readable, and in the
> case of ODF, the main ones do).

I have a different perspective.

If an editor changes the content when I haven't, I'd be very upset.

Different view of the same thing?

Michael called OOo an XML application.
I hate XML editors that 'make it look pretty'.
What is 'pretty' for person A is ugly for person B.
White space is significant in XML and XML isn't HTML.

I don't think the spec should support an implementation
playing around with the base XML.

regards

--
Dave Pawson