OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: OpenDocument TC Coordination Call Minutes 2006-09-25


1. Rollcall:

Nathaniel Borenstein, IBM
Jody Goldberg, Novell
Michael Brauer, Sun Microsystems
Lars Oppermann, Sun Microsystems
Bruce D'Arcus, The OpenDocument Foundation
Gary Edwards, The OpenDocument Foundation
David A. Wheeler, The OpenDocument Foundation

2. Acceptance of minutes from last week
- no objections

3. Action item review
Michael to post options regarding 1.1
- done

4. Discussion of public comments for 1.1
michael: review ends today
topics of comments so far:
- whitespace (at paragraph beginning)
- typo section 14.10.3
- proposal for A11Y

lars: how are other feeling about whitespace
davidW. I think it's most important that we agree, it's secondary on
michael: most important is 1.1
davidW. I propose that we go with michael's proposal and note that we
can re-discuss for 1.2
bruce: daniel pointed out where the ambiguity was, and that should have
been cleared up with the proposal

RESOLUTION: use michael's proposal

proposal from davidF, 14.10.3 typo
fixed prefix list
michael: I suggest we address this in 1.2 as a feature request
... davidF didn't respond to that yet, but I hope it is alright
... the typo should be corrected
... fixed prefixes should go into 1.2
- no objections
RESOLUTION: include fix for typo in 1.1, leave prefix list for 1.2

A11Y wanted to revise tables in presentation wording
michael: we should just allow this change
- no objections
RESOLUTION: update the wording accordingly

How to proceed with 1.1
michael: we can stop at committee specification or pursue to OASIS standard
OASIS standard requires review and vote by OASIS membership
from an implementors standpoint, committee spec would suffice, standard 
also requires certifications of implementation
a committee spec can also be submitted as standard later
committee spec and standards submission voting can be combined
time frame is tight
we could also aim for standard voting in january
in that case we can also vote on committee draft in two weeks
it's not necessary to talk about standard submission now if we aim for
january (or stay with committee spec)
I propose to go for committee spec only and than consider with all
involved parties on whether we want a full oasis standard
davidW: is there a way to have oasis standard this year
michael: if we vote in november - we would need to start the vote next
week and need to get certifications by october 15.

michael: I propose to concentrate on finishing the committee spec by mid 
october and if oasis standard voting be desired have it in january
- no objections

michael: I have started the editing, lars will take over the updates, as
I am not in the office during the next few days
ACTION: lars to make edits to the specification

michael: there might not be need for a work call on next monday, and we
could than vote in the coord call in two weeks. Work call on monday if
edits and discussion merit an agenda for that call...

- call ends.

New action items:
Lars: perform edits to spec according to resolutions of this meeting and 
post updated version to the TC workspace.

Next meeting
(optional: work call 2006-10-02, 3:00PM-4:00PM UTC)
coordination call 2006-10-09, 3:00PM-4:00PM UTC

Lars Oppermann <lars.oppermann@sun.com>               Sun Microsystems
Software Engineer                                         Nagelsweg 55
Phone: +49 40 23646 959                         20097 Hamburg, Germany
Fax:   +49 40 23646 550                  http://www.sun.com/staroffice

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]