Subject: Fwd: Re: ISO/IEC 26300 (spec publishing; status flags)

~ Director of Standards Development, OASIS
~ jamie.clark@oasis-open.org

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: ISO/IEC 26300 (spec publishing issues)
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 06:14:41 -0700
From: James Bryce Clark <jamie.clark@oasis-open.org>
To: "Richard Cook ISO"
* * *

   Richard, thank you again for checking with us before changing the
filenames.  We are very happy to have all of the files includes on
the CD as you say.
   As to the filenames. our experts have confirmed that in this
instance, filename changes along the lines noted below will not
impair use of the material.
   It appears to us that you are using the 30 character limit in
Section 5 of the rules you provided, and none of the names below
exceed 28 characters, except for the graphics files associated with
the HTML document, so we assume your main concern is nonalphabetic
characters.
   Optimally it would be helpful to preserve the unique
most-meaningful portions of the names. * * *
   Thank you again for your assistance.
   Kind regards  JBC