OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: OpenDocuemnt TC Work Call Minutes 2006-10-30

Roll call

Robert Weir, IBM
Patric Durusau
David Faure, KDE
Jody Goldberg, Novell
Lars Oppermann, Sun Microsystems
David A Wheeler, OpenDocument Foundation
Gary Edwards, OpenDocument Foundation

Meeting minutes
The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes from the last
coordination call.

Action items
- none

ODF 1.2, parts

Rob: multiple documents but a single standard
    benefits are obvious
    might have editorial overhead

Lars: what are the three parts

DavidW. original ODF, formula, metadata

DavidW: formula
it's specifically designed to support ODF
but could be used without

Lars: think packing was also a candidate
    maybe also accessibility

David: database?
Lars: keeping high-level documents in one doc makes sense because of overlap

Rob: is there any benefit in having different standards?
    might make things harder for national bodies

Parick: DSDL is made up from multiple standards moving along individually
    we can have different parts but there should be one standard

Rob: what about a scenario where different parts of an ISO document
standards come from different sources.

Lars: DSDL comes from different sources
Patrick: right, only RelaxNG comes from oasis
   other parts where proposed as work items in ISO

Lars: possibility of third party adding part to ISO version
Patrick: might theoretically be possible, but not very likely

... all leaning towards option a)

Lars: Michael sent proposal
Rob: it says 'that we are compatible except where we are not'
    which is ok, but we should explicitly state what those points are

DavidW. 2-step transition
   apps currently write ooc: stuff
   but add ability to read open-formula
   and that gives people time to transition

DavidW: what about radiants/degree for 1.2
ACTION: Lars to check

Rob: go through comments again for 1.2 and look whether something is
still missing

Rob: adoption TC runs odf.xml.org
they asked me to look whether we can get SC chairs to publish monthly
updates at the site (at less technical level)

SC chairs should consider this and get back to Erwin

Rob volunteers to interview authors of ODF software and publish on

Lars Oppermann <lars.oppermann@sun.com>               Sun Microsystems
Software Engineer                                         Nagelsweg 55
Phone: +49 40 23646 959                         20097 Hamburg, Germany
Fax:   +49 40 23646 550                  http://www.sun.com/staroffice

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]