Subject: Re: [office] Version Attribute Proposal

On Nov 25, 2006, at 5:36 AM, Michael Brauer wrote:

> Isn't the situation I'm describing "If a processor for version X meets
> a version <X"? What I want to achieve with keeping the version
> attribute optional is that if a 1.2 processor validates a 1.0 or 1.1
> document against the 1.2 schema, that it then does not get validation
> errors.

Is there some other change in ODF 1.2 that we can always rely on being
that there would distinguish a file from pre-1.2 versions, such that we
could tie validation to that?

In RELAX NG, you can do this:

start = ODF-1.1 | ODF-1.2

ODF-1.1 = element foo { element bar { text }, attribute version { ID }?
}
ODF-1.2 = element foo { element bar2 { text }, attribute version {
"1.2" } }

In that case, if there was a bar2 child of the root, the version
attribute would be required.

Bruce