Subject: RE: [office] Digital signature proposal

Michael,

I would like to propose a functional extension to your proposal.
From our experience with digital signature for documents in the
marketplace and from looking at the digital signature functionality in
other document formats such as PDF and OOXML, I believe that visual
signatures are extremely important.
Your proposal creates invisible signatures in the sense that the
signature is not visible in the document content itself.
I think we should amend the proposal to include the option of adding an
interactive signature field (or signature line) to the document with the
ability to display in this field the graphical signature image of the
signer as well as other information (signer name, date/time, validity
marks).
If you find merit in such a proposal I can elaborate further with a more
formal description.

Thanks,

- Uri

Uri Resnitzky