Subject: Re: [office] style:list-style-name and list-id

On Monday 12 March 2007 14:28, Florian Reuter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> one questions came into my mind during the weekend.
>
> What about the "style:list-style-name" attribute of a style:style. How does
> it play together with the list-id?
>
> E.g. the style:list-style-name allows to attach a list definition to a
> paragraph style. Woudn't you need a list-id at the style:style element too
> to make the list-id proposal work?

No, it does not ;)

You are mixing up the difference between a list-style and a list.
One list is a set of paragraphs.
A list-style can be used on one or more lists.

For example, if I have a list on page 1 with all my friends helping me with
the organisation of a party that is one list.
If I have another list on page 4, using the same list style to list the names
of the contact-persons for the party, it is a different list. Even though the
markup is the same.

In contrary to the normal practice of OOo the first list item on page 4 would
not have a 'continue=false' item because for all intends and purposes it is
the first item in a list, and thus starts numbering at the start.
--
Thomas Zander

PGP signature