Subject: Re: [office] style:list-style-name and list-id

On Monday 12 March 2007 15:14, Florian Reuter wrote:
> Interresting. I must admit that my understanding of lists is different. In
> my world a list-definition is directly attached to a counter domain. I'm
> polluted by my work with WW and WP lists for sure. I guess thats why I
> don't really understand the KOffice way of numbering.
>
> So I agree with you. We both seem to have our view on lists resp.
> numbered-paragraphs. At the end we have to select one for ODF.

To summarize from our talk on the call;
* Michael stated the intend of ODF1.0 was to indeed have list-domains be
separate from markup as we follow known standards, not always blindly follow
the things that (previous) office suites do.

* ODF is used in places outside the office suite. In places like HTML, TeX and
other languages that aim to separate content from markup the concept of lists
being discoupled from the markup they use has been folllowed.

* KWord has had the concept of list-domain being separate from style for a
long time.
* OpenOffice does the opposite to KWord in that respect.

To bring things in perspective; numbered-paragraphs have been introduced to
ODF by the request of KOffice. For them to work properly we need this
list-from-style separation or we can't save our internal structures into ODF.
We actually always had the impression that lists were defined separate from
markup in ODF.  It is what our users tell us they need.

Florian; you gave me the impression you were more surprised by this
perspective then in disagreement. Please reflect upon the above and reply
giving us your opinion on this.  Each point with an "Agree" / "I think
different, because" would be much appreciated.
--
Thomas Zander

PGP signature