Subject: Re: [office] style:list-style-name and list-id

So then I don't understand how to convert the following numbered-paragraph definition into text:list.
This is critical to my understanding.

<text:numbered-paragraph="id1" style:name="L1"><text:p>H1</text:p><text:numbered-paragraph>
<text:p>Text</text:p>
<text:numbered-paragraph="id1" style:name="L1"><text:p>H2</text:p><text:numbered-paragraph>
<text:p>Text</text:p>
<text:numbered-paragraph="id2" style:name="L1"><text:p>NP1</text:p><text:numbered-paragraph>
<text:numbered-paragraph="id2" style:name="L1"><text:p>NP2</text:p><text:numbered-paragraph>
<text:numbered-paragraph="id2" style:name="L1"><text:p>NP3</text:p><text:numbered-paragraph>
<text:numbered-paragraph="id2" style:name="L1"><text:p>NP4</text:p><text:numbered-paragraph>
<text:p>Text</text:p>
<text:numbered-paragraph="id1" style:name="L2"><text:p>Appendix</text:p><text:numbered-paragraph>
<text:p>Text</text:p>

which will be something like:
1. H1
Text
2. H2
Text
1. NP1
2. NP1
3. NP1
4. NP1
Text
C. Appendix
Text

This is really critical in my understanding. I really have no idea how to convert this into text:list according to your
algorithm?

~Florian

Florian Reuter wrote:
> I defered it from your "conversion algorithm".

I don't know how you defered the following from the algorithm, which I
posted in http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200701/msg00044.html

> If I understood correctly then
> <text:numbered-paragraph="id1" style:name="L1">...<text:numbered-paragraph>
> <text:numbered-paragraph="id1" style:name="L1">...<text:numbered-paragraph>
> <text:numbered-paragraph="id1" style:name="L1">...<text:numbered-paragraph>
> <text:numbered-paragraph="id1" style:name="L1">...<text:numbered-paragraph>
>
> will be converted to
> <text:list style:name="L1">
> <text:list-item>...</text:list-item>
> <text:list-item>...</text:list-item>
> <text:list>
> <text:list style:name="L1" text:continue-numbering="true">
> <text:list-item>...</text:list-item>
> <text:list-item>...</text:list-item>
> <text:list>
>
> So here the style name defines the counter domain. Right?

No.
The <text:list> defines the counter domain and the second list continues
the numbering of the preceding list by setting attribute
text:continue-numbering to "true". This still is hold, if you delete the
style information from the above given example.

Important note (please read it and keep it in mind), the algorithm
doesn't belong to the proposal, which I summarized in
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200702/msg00172.html. Thus,
the algorithm has nothing to do this the proposal.

Regards, Oliver.

> ~Florian

> Hi Florian,
>
> where in the existing proposal, is this said?
>
> Regards, Oliver.
>
> Florian Reuter wrote:
>> So now I'm totally confused.
>>
>> Isn't Olivers proposal explicitly making a relationship between the style name of a text:list and its counter domain?
>>
>> You disagree to Olivers proposal?
>>
>> ~Florian

>> Being among those who wrote the original list definition: While office
>> application in fact may use the list-styles to set up counter domains,
>> it was our intention to abstract from that, and to use the list
>> structure as in HTML to set up counter domains instead. So if this
>> differs from the office application behavior, it does so by intention.
>> I further have some concerns to use list-styles names to set up counters
>> for <text:list>s, since the counting of lists is already described the
>> list structure.
>>
>> Michael
>>

>> Florian Reuter wrote:
>>> Interresting. I must admit that my understanding of lists is different. In my world a list-definition is directly
>>> attached to a counter domain. I'm polluted by my work with WW and WP lists for sure. I guess thats why I don't
really
>>> understand the KOffice way of numbering.
>>>
>>> So I agree with you. We both seem to have our view on lists resp. numbered-paragraphs. At the end we have to select
>> one
>>> for ODF.
>>>
>>> Looking forward to talk to you in the TC call.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> ~Florian
>>>
>>> P.S.
>>> Don't take this personal :-) We did our best to present our views to the TC and now the TC will make a decision.
That