Subject: Re: [office] Critical problem

Florian Reuter wrote:
> I'm assuming a "1:1 relationship between the list style and the counter domain".
>
> However Michael and Oliver clearly states that this is not the case.
>
> So for example. In my world
> <text:list style-name="L1" continue-numbering="true">
> <text:list-item><text:p>P1</text:p></text:list-item>
> <text:list-item><text:p>P2</text:p></text:list-item>
> </text:list>
> <text:p>Text</text:p>
> <text:list style-name="L2" continue-numbering="true">
> <text:list-item><text:p>P3</text:p></text:list-item>
> <text:list-item><text:p>P4</text:p></text:list-item>
> </text:list>
> <text:p>Text</text:p>
> <text:list style-name="L1" continue-numbering="true">
> <text:list-item><text:p>P5</text:p></text:list-item>
> <text:list-item><text:p>P6</text:p></text:list-item>
> </text:list>
> results in
> 1. P1
> 2. P2
> Text
> I. P3
> II. P4
> Text
> 3. P5
> 4. P6
>
> In the interpretation from Oliver and Michael the above will result in
> 1. P1
> 2. P2
> Text
> III. P3
> IV. P4
> Text
> 5. P5
> 6. P6
> since the preceeding list is just continued. Right? At least this is my understanding what Michael mean with HTML-like
> list. But I'm not sure. However I asked him to clarify this.

No, that not correct.
Please read the ODF 1.1 specification. In sub chapter "Continue
Numbering" in chapter "4.3.1 List Block" it is said the following:
<cite>
If the value of the attribute [text:continue-numbering] is true *and*
the numbering style of the preceding list is the same as the current
list, the number of the first list item in the current list is the
number of the last item in the preceding list incremented by one.
</cite>
Thus, *under* the assumption that I would interpret the given XML
fragment using ODF 1.1, I will get the following result:
	1. P1
	2. P2
	Text
	I. P3
	II. P4
	Text
	1. P5
	2. P6
For me the XML fragment contains of three list. All list has attribute
text:continue-numbering set to "true".
Thus, let me explain, what are the impact of these attributes to each of
the lists.
- text:continue-numbering="true" of the first list, containing
paragraphs P1 and P2:
The attribute has no impact, because no preceding list exists.

- text:continue-numbering="true" of the second list, containing
paragraphs P3 and P4:
The attribute has no impact, because the preceding list has a different
list style.

- text:continue-numbering="true" of the third list, containing
paragraphs P5 and P6:
The attribute has no impact, because the preceding list has a different
list style.

Regards, Oliver.