Subject: Re: [office] revised proposal: newattributes text:style-override and text:list-id // Pleaseclarify

Hi Thomas,

I think it has all to do with the internal counter strategy. In fact it is the question when an application "resets" the
counter; thus following a "pre increment" or a "post increment" strategy.

And yes. MS Word would not be able to implement ODF according to your proposal.

And my fear is that there are other apps out there who will also not be able to implement ODF according to your
proposal.

Thus I have the use case "ODF 1.2 numbering should be independent from an applications counter implementation".

~Florian

On Friday 16 March 2007 12:30, Florian Reuter wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> thanks. I now understand the counter strategy you have in mind.
>
> Just for your information. An application like e.g MS Word will make
> 1. P1
> 1.1 P2
> 1.2 P3
>
> of it 'cause it has a different internal counter strategy.

No, if MS Word does what you describe, it doesn't follow the ODF spec. This
has absolutely nothing to do with internal counter strategy.

--
Thomas Zander