Subject: Re: [office] Proposal for clarification,enhancement and normativeexamples for text:list and text:numbered paragraphsin ODF1.2

Hi Florian,

Florian Reuter wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> I guess step one to a consensus is that both parties clearly present their point of view and understand the others point
> of view.
>
> I took more than two weeks to understand Oliver's/Thomas'/David's and your point of view. I guess its fair that I give
> you a chance to understand my point of view.

Sure. But it is much easier to understand your point of view if you
refer to technical details of the existing proposals (i.e. certain XML
attributes that are proposed or certain paragraphs of the proposals
itself) and explain what you would make different any why, instead of
providing an alternative proposal. So, your list below provides a couple
issues that you believe do exist in the current proposal. But it does
not refer to specific XML attributes defined by or statements made by
the proposal, and says what you would make different and why. I think
exactly this detail of information is required if we want to be able to
compare the two proposals, and in particular if we want to work toward a
consensus. The reasons why I think we should take the existing proposal
as a basis if we want to work towards a consensus can be found in my
previous mail.

One more remark: Your mail addresses me, and at the same time talks
about "your proposal". Please not that the proposal we are talking about
is not my  proposal, and that I'm not among the authors of the proposal.

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Marcel Schneider, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer