Subject: Re: [office] my requirements

On Tuesday 20 March 2007, Patrick Durusau wrote:
> >The current ODF specification states that
> ><quote>
> >A list in <text:list> representation could be converted into a list in <text:numbered-paragraph> representation and vice versa.
> ></quote>
> >
> In other words, ODF already posits this ability and all Florian is
> asking for is a specification for how that is to be done. And quite
> naturally it should be reversible or as Florian puts it grandly, "100%
> roundtrip fidelity."
>
> If KOffice wishes to do less than ODF authorizes that is of course its choice
No, that's not the point here.

The point is that we have two different models for numbering for a good reason: because they are different.
This line in the ODF spec should be amended to explain that the conversion can't be 100%.

If implementations have a style that is global to the whole list, then they can use <text:list> to model the list.
If they don't, then they can use numbered-paragraph to model independent numbered paragraphs.

What's the point in adding the definition of a "list-global" style to numbered-paragraphs, when
the whole point of numbered paragraphs is that there is NO list-global style?