Subject: Bug report for specification, was Fwd: [odf-discuss] ODF Validation Service! - Online

A report of some issues found in ODF here.

Best regards,

Marbux

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Søren Roug <Soren.Roug@eea.europa.eu>
Date: Mar 28, 2007 12:36 AM
Subject: RE: [odf-discuss] ODF Validation Service! - Online
To: ODF Discussion List <odf-discuss@opendocumentfellowship.org>

I should probably build some context around my statement.

I wrote the odflint checker and found out that even with many months
of processing, there are several errors in the ODF specification, and
they occur in the RNG schema as well.

For instance; Section 14.5 says: Table [Templates] are contained in
the <style:master-styles> element. But there is no such element called
<office:master-styles>. The <office:master-styles> doesn't reference

The <meta:document-statistic> has according to the spec the following
attributes: meta:page-count, meta:table-count, ...
meta:character-count, frame-count, sentence-count, ... Anyone notice
some missing namespace qualifiers here?

Those are just the ones I found myself.

So it is entirely possible that Alfredo has tripped over a bug in the
specification that is duly reproduced in the validator.