Subject: Re: [office] Please take a look at current version of formulaspecification.

David,

as said already in some other mail, I would like to thank the SC for the
hard work on the specification!

I further would like to encourage all TC members to have a look at the
specification. The best way to provide feedback to the the SC seems to
be the TC's mailing list, because all SC members are subscribed to it
and may post to it. This ensures that we all can see what has been
posted, and may help us to get the same feedback several times.

If some feedback gets longer, I suggest to put it into an ODF document,
and to upload that to the TC's document repository. I suggest to not
attach these documents to mails, since it turned out that it may get
very difficult to find these documents again.

David A. Wheeler wrote:
> TC members: I'd love to hear your comments about the formula specification just uploaded.  The name is unwieldy, sorry about that; its name is openformula-20070322-wheeler-rathke.odt posted 2007-03-29.  This is simply a master merge of both Eike Rathke and my changes up to this point.
>
> If you've already started looking at the spec (Hi Patrick!), I don't think you'll have any trouble switching to this one.  There aren't actually many differences between this and the previously-posted version, and you can easily see what they are.  But I thought it'd be best to all start from the same place :-).
>
> The OpenFormula group has, up to this point, had weekly updates (changes are received each Wednesday, a new version is posted circa Thursday).  I'd like to keep that up that process; that way, changes can be made incrementally, instead of some magical "big bang". Any objections?
>
> I don't know what the rules are for posting comments in this circumstance (when a SC submits to the TC... especially when, as in this case, it's known that the SC still has some work to do.  I propose that the TC mailing list be used for major overall issues (use of test cases, basic concepts, etc.) or if you only have 1-2 comments. Conversely, if you have lots of detailed comments (e.g., on particular functions), I think it'd be best if those were posted in the formula subcommittee mailing list.  That way, if someone wants to see the record of detailed discussions, they only have to look at one place.  But that's simply a suggestion; if there are OASIS/TC rules specifying otherwise, the TC chair decides otherwise, or the TC decides otherwise, then obviously that's what we'll do instead.
>
> --- David A. Wheeler

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Marcel Schneider, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer