Subject: Comments and feature requests

Subject: Re: [office-comment] RFE: Colour space capability within
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 13:11:47 -0400
From: Patrick Durusau <patrick@durusau.net>
To: robert_weir@us.ibm.com
CC: Alex Hudson <home@alexhudson.com>, office-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

Rob,

robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:

>Patrick Durusau <patrick@durusau.net> wrote on 05/03/2007 11:31:25 AM:
>

>>Alex,
>>
>>Thanks for the comments!
>>
>>The mailing list archives, proposals, TC minutes, etc., are all
>>available on the TC website:
>>
>>http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=office
>>
>>We don't have a defined process for handling comments but comments are
>>acknowledged and passed onto the TC for further action (where
>>

>necessary).
>

>I wonder if we can, without too much trouble, put a lightweight process
>around this?  Maybe something like this:
>
>1) When a comment is received it is added to a comment registry document
>(maybe an ODF spreadsheet) and dated.

Hmmm, well, if we want to capture all comments I assume we could work
out some way to extract them from email. The basic information, date,
sender (for a response), subject line, columns for who responded,
resolution, resolution date.

Does that sound simple enough?

>2) Periodically the TC will review the comment registry and dispose of new
>comments
>3) The comment registry is updated with the resolution and resolution date
>
>If this comment registry is kept public, then those who submit comments
>will always know their status.

Sounds good to me. As ODF matures we are going to be getting comments
and having a process in place will make it easier to track comments,
etc. as well as for people who have made comments to follow the
resolution of their comments.

Patrick

>-Rob
>___________________________
>
>Rob Weir
>Software Architect
>Workplace, Portal and Collaboration Software
>IBM Software Group
>
>email: robert_weir@us.ibm.com
>phone: 1-978-399-7122
>blog: http://www.robweir.com/blog/

Patrick@Durusau.net
Member, Text Encoding Initiative Board of Directors, 2003-2005

This publicly archived list offers a means to provide input to the
OASIS Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) TC.

In order to verify user consent to the Feedback License terms and
to minimize spam in the list archive, subscription is required
before posting.

Subscribe: office-comment-subscribe@lists.oasis-open.org