Subject: good bye

Hi,

Until recently I was only an observer on the TC but a member of the
OpenFormula SC where I have been somewhat active and hopefully helpful.
I was then told that that is an impossible situation and so became a TC
member to be able to continue on the OpenFormula TC. I am now also one
of the foundation members that will not any longer be on the TC or SC.

Why am I interested in ODF/OpenFormula? I am one of the Gnumeric
maintainers and as such have some experience with work sheet formulas.
The fact that I am a mathematician has also been quite handy in this
context.

My employer has no interest in the odf/openformula issue. Personally I
have no financial interests in that work so cannot really justify
financing my own membership.

I find the decision to be removed from the OpenFormula SC quite
disturbing because of what it says about the the relationship of OASIS
with those of us who are free software developers without being
associated with commercial interests.

Andreas

--
"Liberty consists less in acting according to
one's own pleasure, than in not being subject

Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences
Concordia University College of Alberta