OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: OpenDocument TC coordination call minutes 2007-06-11

* rollcall
Robert Weir, IBM
Yue Ma, IBM
Helen Yue, IBM
Patrick Durusau
Florian Reuter, Novell
Kohei Yoshida, Novell
Eike Rathke, Sun Microsystems
Lars Oppermann, Sun Microsystems
Svante Schubert, Sun Microsystems
Oliver Wittmann, Sun Microsystems
Bruce D'Arcus, OpenDocument Foundation
Gary Edwards, OpenDocument Foundation
David A. Wheeler, OpenDocument Foundation

* Minutes from last coordination call
The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes from the last

* action items

* status update
Formula SC
DavidW: we are preparing the final document. We have some issues with 
the OPenOffice.org HTML export concerning hidden text
Oliver: We will have a look at that in the writer time
DavidW: there are some intersting comment regarding the specification. 
They are however broader in scope than what we are doing with our 
specification now. We are specifying a formula language that is based on 
what existing spreadsheet apps do. The comments introduce new concepts. 
Strong type and unit systems for instance. Those are certainly useful. 
But this is nothing we can fit into the current effort.
We can address some concerns by introducing some new functions, namely 

Metadata SC
Patrick: we finished our draft
we propose a new flexible metadata mechanism which adopts W3C RDF as 
metadata facility into OpenDocument.
Draft was published on the TC website
Link is posted to the mailing list
We are now working on examples that help to illustrate the concepts.
We hope to have them finished in a week or two.
Bruce: I can post some examples for citations. They may not yet be 
perfect but they may help
Lars: please do
Lars: What timeframe do you think we should set aside for review of the 
proposal until we revisit it in the TC?
Bruce: I have also askjed for comments from the W3C semantic web group
Patrick: 3 weeks seems like an apropriate review period for now
Lars: is there a preference whether the metadata will become an 
independed part of the specification like formula and packaging?
Patrick: it is not explicitly written in that way
... but being able to use the same mechanism in other formats is an 
atracktive thing
Svante: I think the current proposal can be edited to be an independent 
part. There are things that need to go into the main spec body, like 
xml:id in odf elements... but the mechanism, manifest and data files 
have standing on their own. They might be used in many formats that use 
xml and xml:id
Patrick: we should keep that in mind and do it if it is possible

ACTION, everyone: read metadata proposal. post questions and comments 
during coming three weeks
ACTION, metadata SC: post examples

* general topics
Lars: I cannot chair next weeks meeting because I am traveling. Michael 
will not be back either. DO we have a volunteer to chair a call on 
Monday? Eike or Oliver can set up the conference line so everyone can 
dial in as usual...
Patrick: I take care of that call. we can further discuss metadata...
Oliver: I will set up the conference then...

ACTION: Patrick, chair call on Moday 2007-06-18
ACTION: Oliver, set up conference line for call next Monday

Sun Microsystems                Lars Oppermann <lars.oppermann@sun.com>
Nagelsweg 55                    Software Engineer
20097 Hamburg, Germany          Phone: +49 40 23646 959
http://www.sun.com/             Fax:   +49 40 23646 550
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1,
D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten, Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Marcel Schneider, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Martin Haering

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]