Subject: Re: [office] proposal for 15.5.36 style:writing-mode, add 'auto'

On Thursday 14 June 2007 14:21:27 Dave Pawson wrote:
> In my ignorance, I'm going to back out of this debate.
> My position is the XSL-FO spec was written by people fully appreciative
> of the delicacy of writing mode (lr-tb etc).
> I'd prefer ODF to follow that model rather than invent new ones.

I think it warrents clarification that the difference between text styles
in ODF and XSL is that XSL is for already written text and styles are to
be used for a word processor while the user is writing that text.
Its about defaults for that new text.
As soon as the text is actually typed the XSL model is 100% followed.

--
Thomas Zander

PGP signature