Subject: Re: [office] proposal for 15.5.36 style:writing-mode, add 'auto'

On Friday 15 June 2007 18:31:42 Eike Rathke wrote:
> > On the other hand, there are cases where I want the application to be
> > free to deduct the text direction from the text typed. And this
> > usecase is currently impossible. We need an 'auto' directionality for
> > that.
>
> But we do have 15.5.37 "Automatic Writing Mode"
> style:writing-mode-automatic
>
> Sounds like what you were looking for, doesn't it?

Hmm, so if I have a paragraph style with;
  style:writing-mode="lr"
as well as
 style:writing-mode-automatic="true"

then for a new paragraph the writing mode is ignored and the application
gets to redefine it for a new paragraph based on content.

Ok, sounds a bit weird to my ears, but thats ok :)
Yes, I do think that is fully suited for my needs. Thanks for the pointer
Elke!
--
Thomas Zander

PGP signature