OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Re: [office] OpenDocument TC coordination callminutes 2007-06-25

Oh --- and I'm sorry but I wont be able to participate in the call next Monday.

But I guess the TC is able to work this out without me ;-)

Personally I would like to ask the TC whether it would be possible to have the "feature freeze"  at the end of July since we're currently working on OpenOffice.org features which might require a file format change.

However I understand that the ODF timeline is totally independent. So this is just a kind request...


>>> Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg <Michael.Brauer@Sun.COM> 06/29/07 2:04 PM >>>
Hi Florian,

it's me who sets up the agenda but not Lars, but I will put this item on 
the agenda for Monday.

Best regards


Florian Reuter wrote:
> Hi Lars,
> would you please add "clarification of the ODF 1.2" timeline to the agenda for the next meeting.
> I'm totally uncertain what the key dates are.
> Thanks,
> ~Florian
>>>> Lars Oppermann <Lars.Oppermann@Sun.COM> 06/27/07 12:18 PM >>>
> * roll call
> Robert Weir, IBM
> Yue Ma, IBM
> Helen Yue, IBM
> Hironobu Takagi, IBM
> Pete Brunet, IBM
> Patrick Durusau
> David A. Wheeler
> David Faure, KDE
> Michael Brauer, Sun Microsystems
> Eike Rathke, Sun Microsystems
> Lars Oppermann, Sun Microsystems
> Svante Schubert, Sun Microsystems
> Oliver Wittmann, Sun Microsystems
> Gary Edwards, OpenDocument Foundation
> * previous Minutes (2 weeks ago)
> The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes from the last
> coordination-call.
> * action items
> - metadata review, continue until end of this week
> - metadata SC, post examples, done
> * general TC status update
> no news
> * SC updates...
> * Formula SC (DavidW)
> Document with hiding is done.
> Doing some cleanups, some semantics were in the test cases that had to
> be hidden and we are working on moving those to the specification text.
> Posted new version (last week).
> Addressed all comments so far
> Rob: I have found some support for yearfrac function, will contact you
> off-line
> * A11Y (Pete)
> Subtables deprecation
> We discussed whether it is only used for merging/splitting
> Blind person can't see table structure
> when focus moves from cell-to-cell
> cell address is tracked by A11Y tooling (screen reader)
> with subtables cell addressing looses the context
> very confusing (often occurs in headers)
> Hence, sub tables were removed
> Others said that sub tables might be needed for other scenarios
> We want to understand what those cases are
> Michael: currently nested tables are still allowed. the is-subtable
> attribute was used for merging the tables in order to simulate split/join
> Hironobu: yes, as long as there is really a table in a table it's ok
> David: but in order to correctly represent some html or xsl-fo and maybe 
> docbook documents, we need to be able to specify a nested table so that 
> it is  merged with the surrounding table
> Lars: this should be defined with the table style, not as an attribute
> on the table-attribute
> Michael: so we deprecate it for merging/splitting and create two action
> items:
> - collect use cases subtable attributes -> David, Oliver
> - check whether we need formatting attributes in order to merge nested
> tables with surrounding tables (how is this done in CSS / FO) -> Lars
> (in 2 weeks)
> * Metadata (Svante)
> Examples posted last Friday
> Examples are not part of formal specification  but will be provided as
> supporting documentation.
> Michael: should we add an action item to review the Example
> Svante: yes please
> ACTION: review metadata example, post comments -> all
> * Proposals
> Citation field - addressed as part of metadata proposal, this proposal
> is withdrawn
> Integer/Floating point -> Michael, follow up
> Chart-Label position -> DavidF following up
> Table-Filter Condition
> Eike: there was discussion whether this should be an element ot an
> attribute
> Lars: it should be an attribute because it is not part of the document
> rendition
> - no objection
> writing-mode/bidirectional text
> - no objection
> allow glue-point for 3d objects
> - no objection
> anim:audio timing attributes
> - no objection
> call ends
> * New Action Items
> All: review metadata example
> DavidW, Oliver: collect use cases for nested tables that get "merged" 
> with surrounding table.
> Lars: research if/how merged tables are handled in HTML and XSL-FO
> DavidF: follow up on chart-label auto-position
> Michael: follow up on integer/float issue in svg attributes

Michael Brauer, Technical Architect Software Engineering
Sun Microsystems GmbH             Nagelsweg 55
D-20097 Hamburg, Germany          michael.brauer@sun.com
http://sun.com/staroffice         +49 40 23646 500

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1,
	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Marcel Schneider, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Martin Haering

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]