Subject: Re: [office] use cases for "is-subtable" attribute

On 09/07/07, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann - Software Engineer - Sun Microsystems

> Think of a table consisting of two columns and 100 rows. If the user -
> for whatever purpose - splits a certain table cell of such a table
> vertically, it is in my eyes more sensible to reflect this split by a
> nested table with "is-subtable" attribute set. In my eyes the user
> doesn't intend to add another column to the table and set the col-span
> of 99 table cell from 1 to 2.

What if your eyes were a problem to you?
If you were using access technology, and ODF said, it's a 'is-subtable' case,
so Oliver can't read it. No problem.

I think perhaps you would object.

If the visual presentation is as the author wants, and people using
access technology
can access the content, then why use a technology solution that only works
for some people?

I don't think ODF should discriminate Oliver. Do you?

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.