Subject: Re: [office] use cases for "is-subtable" attribute

On Mon, 2007-09-07 at 18:23 +0100, Dave Pawson wrote:
> On 09/07/07, Lars Oppermann <Lars.Oppermann@sun.com> wrote:
> > Hi Dave,
> >
> > Could you elaborate a bit more on the reasons why a nested table is a
> > problem for access technology? From my (naive) point of view, it would
> > appear somewhat more confusing to navigate a lot of spanned cells rather
> > than entering a subtable.
>
> Suggestion.
>
> Find a friendly access technology user, perhaps a blind person?
> Ask them how table navigation works.

But how do I have them navigate through an ODF file? Using Gnumeric
would not be fair since perhaps one could implement the navigation
better. Neither would be using OOo-writer. Since it can definitely be
implemented better.

Andreas

--
Andreas J. Guelzow, Professor
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences