Subject: Re: [office] Proposal for modification of preview image description

Thanks for the research, I concur on most points, except this one;

On Thursday 02 August 2007 21:58:57 Florian Reuter wrote:
> * Alpha is pointless (all documents have a background color for the
> page --- last time I checked OOo didn't support transparent paper),
> though we'll deal with it just fine (we'll just composite against a
> suitable background like white).

I think there is a misunderstanding here;
almost no document is square; so the request to have 128x128 images can
not be fulfilled and thus there are two ways to 'fix' that.
I assume there are people that assume the image will be made smaller on
one side.  And there are people that will just write the non existing
image as transparent.

On top of that; not all apps are paper based.  ODF can store svgs for
example.  And I'm still hoping for a good integration with the bitmap
editing apps into the ODF infrastructure (currently being developed as
open-raster) which means that there is a direct need for
alpha-transparency due to pixmaps certainly having a need for those.
--
Thomas Zander

PGP signature