OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Re: [office] OpenDocument TC coordination call minutes2007-08-13


yes you're right: The answer is not satisfactory wrt. to interoperabiility. It is not acceptable to leave that up to the singe application.

We also need to adjust the OpenFormula specification here. E.g. what does it mean if a table/section, etc is referenced in a formula.

We consider this not to be solved.


>>> Lars Oppermann <Lars.Oppermann@Sun.COM> 08/13/07 5:16 PM >>>
* Rollcall
Yue Ma, IBM
Rob Weir, IBM
Helen Yue, IBM
David Faure, KDE
Patrick Durusau
Bruce D'Arcus
Michael Brauer, Sun Microsystems
Lars Oppermann, Sun Microsystems
Eike Rathke, Sun Microsystems
Oliver-Rainer Wittmann, Sun Microsystems

* Last Minutes
The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes

* Action Items
Michael: Permanent URL for uploaded documents
   not possible
   approved documents can be moved to http://docs.oasis-open.org
   alternative is to refer to TC page from the document
Michael: How to reference A11Y guidelines from TC page
   many standards list "related documents"
   once the document is approved we can request to add it as an 
additional document

* Status
Michael uploaded draft-4 of the 1.2 specification. Patrick had worked 
through the first seven chapters and suggested some changes. We have not 
yet integrated the proposals but we will continue with the editing over 
the next days/weeks and post updated drafts.

* SC status update
SC working on guidelines document
Guidelines will be published as independent document that will be 
referenced from the main specification

Svante and Patrick are working on the revised proposal
Patrick's talk on the proposal was very well received at XTreme Markup 
Languages Conference.

Working on test cases
Completing financial functions

* Pending Proposals
Revised annotations proposal:
There should also be xml:id of the annotation attribute.
Oliver: yes, we can add that
-> no objections
RESOLVED: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200708/msg00007.html

* Preview Images
Save thumbnails in PNG. Additional note concerning the size of the images.
The note can certainly be revised later if we find a better wording. 
Important point is to remove the size limitation from the normative text.
-> no objections
RESOLVED: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200708/msg00005.html

* Chart data-label auto-positions
Waiting for a revised proposal from KDE
David will follow up with Bjoern from OO.o and work on resolving details 
missing for a revised proposal -> ACTION

* Layer sets per page
David will forward Christian's reply to KDE developers

* Other Topics
Revised conformance section
Michael will propose some new wording
Suggestions from others are very welcome
OASIS requires numbered conformance statements in the conformance 
section of the specific

* table-cell content

Its up to an application what is supported in a table-cell. We are just 
providing the schema. We are not constraining that in the specification.
Maybe that is not a satisfactory answer for application interoperability
We have mentioned conformance levels for an upcoming version. Maybe that 
could help also with this issue...
We might have a note in the spec stating, that spreadsheet applications 
as we know them do not support tables as table-cell content
Generally a note should only explain what is written in the standard. 
It's certainly possible...
We need to think more about this and find a clean solution

Next call will be a work

Sun Microsystems                Lars Oppermann <lars.oppermann@sun.com>
Nagelsweg 55                    Software Engineer
20097 Hamburg, Germany          Phone: +49 40 23646 959
http://www.sun.com/             Fax:   +49 40 23646 550
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1,
D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten, Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Martin Haering

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]