Subject: Re: [office] text:meta-field

*LOL* This is too funny. Is this real or are you having fun with me?

~Florian

"Bruce D'Arcus" <bdarcus@gmail.com> wrote on 10/30/2007 03:08:17 PM:

> So I don't see any "idea" that he's proposing; he's just asking for
> clarification of what we're trying to do. Saying that a user wants to
> have multiple paragraphs doesn't really explain *why*. What are they
> trying to do in the example you posted?
>
> I think we should perhaps use the outcome of this discussion to clarify
> the semantics of the different kinds of fields in ODF.

Thanks.  IMHO, a use case should not be identical to the technical
proposal itself.  In other words, a request to add element <foo> to ODF
cannot be adequately explained by saying "Two customers want ODF to have
element <foo>."  We need to take it up a level and talk about what the
user is trying to accomplish with this feature.  If Florian can do that it
will be a great help to me and others who are trying to evaluate the
proposal.