OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: OpenDocument TC coordination call draft minutes 2007-11-12

OpenDocument TC coordination call draft minutes 2007-11-12

* Called to order at 10:05 EST

* Rollcall

Rob Weir, IBM (Presiding)
Bruce D'Arcus, Individual
Michael Brauer, Sun Microsystems
Lars Opperman, Sun Microsystems
Eike Rathke,Sun Microsystems
Oliver-Rainer Wittmann, Sun Microsystems
Helen Yue, IBM
Ma Yue, IBM

David Wheeler, Institute for Defense Analyses
Peter Vandenabeele, Individual
Patrick Durusau, Individual

6 of 8 voting members being present, a quorum was declared.

* Weir made a brief statement on the informal and formal dispute resolution processes available to TC members,including the formal appeals process defined by the OASIS Technical Committee Process for Appeals:  
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#s4.2 .

* The minutes of 5 November 2007, as posted to the TC list, were approved by unanimous consent.

* Action Items

- (Not completed) Work continues on defining the default values.  Vandenabeele noted the difficulty with fonts, since these are system-dependent.  Wheeler noted that a perfect solution is impossible in general, though in practice referring to Microsoft's "Core Font Pack" was a good solution in practice.  Opperman explained that one solution is to store more information about the fonts, allowing a runtime resolution to pick the most appropriate font from those actually on the machine.

- (Not completed) Brauer notes that he is almost done with the XSLT transform for processing the OpenFormula draft in order to remove the hidden sections.  He will post to the file library when complete.

- (Completed) Brauer reported on whether a connector can connect to another connector, noting that ODF allows this to be encoded,though OpenOffice.org does not allow the user to do this. Weir reported that PowerPoint 2007 does not appear to allow this either.

* Proposals

- The "<svg:desc> <svg:title> for drawing pages" proposal was accepted by unanimous consent.  

* Discussion

- Discussion on Reuter's fields request and subsequent analysis by Wittmann and D'Arcus.  No consensus was reached. An informal poll of members indicates that option #1 had little support, leaving options 2-5 for further discussion.

- Oppermann reminded us that this was his last TC meeting, since he is changing jobs.  The TC thanked him for his service as Secretary and wished him well.

The meeting was adjourned at 11:06 EST

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]