OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.

 


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]


Subject: Re: [office] OpenDocument TC coordination call draft minutes 2007-11-26



Hi MingFei,

Welcome to the TC !

A few things to orient yourself to our work.

The TC's public homepage is here:  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=office

You can download from there the documents we've officially released,such as ODF 1.0 and ODF 1.1 and the ODF 1.1 Accesibility Guidelines.

If you go to the TC member's page (http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/) you'll see our meeting schedule and working documents.

We have a Wiki (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/) where we track the status of proposals as they are suggested, discussed, approved and eventually integrated into the specification.

We have several mailing lists which you can sign up for.  If you can read this note, then you are already signed up for the main "office" list.  I'd also recommend that you sign up for the public comment list.  This is how non-OASIS members suggest changes, corrections, or additions to ODF.  You can subscribe by sending a note to: office-comment-subscribe@lists.oasis-open.org.

We also have a users mailing list for non-OASIS users of the ODF standard.  You can join by sending a note to: opendocument-users-subscribe@lists.oasis-open.org

Also, we currently have three subcommittees which each have their own mailing lists:  accessibility, spreadsheet formulas and metadata.  If you are interested in any of those topics, you can get onto the mailing list by joining the subcommittee by selecting it from the following list (http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/portal/) and clicking the "Join Group" link.

**** A question for other TC members -- what other information do you think new TC members should know about?  I like to gather this information together in one place, perhaps in the Wiki, so this will help others who may join in the future.  Perhaps links to useful reference material on RELAX NG and other technologies that ODF depends on?  Links to the ISO drafting guidelines, OASIS policy?  Anything else?

-Rob

___________________________

Rob Weir
Software Architect
Workplace, Portal and Collaboration Software
IBM Software Group

email: robert_weir@us.ibm.com
phone: 1-978-399-7122
blog:
http://www.robweir.com/blog/


Ming Fei Jia <jiamingf@cn.ibm.com>

11/28/2007 10:37 PM

To
office@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
robert_weir@us.ibm.com
Subject
Re: [office] OpenDocument TC coordination call draft minutes 2007-11-26





Hello everyone,

I was missed in the attendee list of the last TC call. Maybe I am new to the TC, and everyone do not know me. I joined the ODF TC several weeks ago. Now I am a software developer working on IBM Lotus Symphony development. I am interested in ODF specification and ODF based products, and really hope that ODF wave can break the monopoly of one office product and give users many options. I'm very pleasant that I can learn from everyone and contribute my ideas or suggestions to the TC.


Best Regards,

Mingfei Jia()
IBM Workplace Client Technology
IBM China Software Development LAB, Beijing
Tel: 86-10-82782244-2493 Fax: 86-10-62982924

NOTES:Ming Fei Jia/China/IBM E-mail: jiamingf@cn.ibm.com
Address: 4/F, DeShi Building No.9, East Road, ShangDi, Haidian District, Beijing 100085, PRC

Inactive hide details for robert_weir---11/29/2007 04:52:31 AM---OpenDocument TC coordination call draft minutes 2007-11-26robert_weir---11/29/2007 04:52:31 AM---OpenDocument TC coordination call draft minutes 2007-11-26

From:

robert_weir@us.ibm.com

To:

office@lists.oasis-open.org

Date:

11/29/2007 04:52 AM

Subject:

[office] OpenDocument TC coordination call draft minutes 2007-11-26






OpenDocument TC coordination call draft minutes 2007-11-26


* Called to order at 10:05 EST


* Roll Call

Rob Weir, IBM (Presiding)

Michael Brauer, Sun Microsystems

Eike Rathke,Sun Microsystems

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann, Sun Microsystems

Helen Yue, IBM
Ma Yue, IBM

David Wheeler, Institute for Defense Analyses

David Faure, KDE

Patrick Durusau, Individual


* Patrick requested that the topic of ODF 1.0 errata be placed on the agenda.  


* The minutes of 19 November 2007, as posted to the TC list, were approved by unanimous consent.

* Action Items

- (Not completed) Work continues on defining the default values.


- (Not completed) Michael has completed the XSLT transform for removing hidden sections from OpenFormula specification.  Remaining task is to post the transform to the library.


* Discussion


- ODF 1.0 errata

Rob noted that OASIS had a newly defined process for "Approved Errata":
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#s3.5

Patrick will investigate the ISO process for errata and report back.


Rob noted that he had made a list of all public comments received since May 1st, 2005, when OASIS ODF 1.0 was approved.  This was posted to the file library.


Michael will check that list to determine which comments have already been resolved previously in ODF 1.1 and draft ODF 1.2.


Rob suggested the end goal should be an errata document that is a delta from ODF 1.0 (second edition)since that is aligned with ISO ODF 1.0


- ODF 1.2 schedule


Michael noted that the main pieces are: 1) outstanding proposals, 2) numbered conformance clauses (according to new OASIS requirements), 3) editorial review and 4) follow ISO drafting and formatting rules.


Ron asked whether we also want to move to RELAX NG compact syntax within the text of the standard.


Ma asked whether there was a list of all changes which made it into ODF 1.2.  Answer: The list of integrated proposals on the wiki

(
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/OpenDocument_v1%2e2_Action_Items#head-e7f8a6a9cdd240143b0ab2a1bc7bde959ff9d36a)


* Proposals


- The two proposals submitted by Christian Lippke from Sun were both accepted without objection: "layer-set per page", and  "Proposal for refinement of Table Templates"


The meeting was adjourned at 10:57 EST



[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]