Subject: Re: [office] OpenDocument TC coordination call draft minutes 2007-12-17

Hi Panrong,

Thanks for that correction.  I am very bad with understanding Chinese names.  But I will get better with practice.

Welcome to the TC.  I've put up a "new member orientation page" with some information which will be useful to you:  http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/New_Member_Orientation

Does anyone know if Shuang Qin attended the call? I recorder her attendance, but this might have been due to confusion on my part.

-Rob

___________________________

Rob Weir
Software Architect
IBM Software Group

email: robert_weir@us.ibm.com
phone: 1-978-399-7122
blog:
http://www.robweir.com/blog/

Pan Rong Yin <yinpanr@cn.ibm.com>

12/19/2007 05:24 AM

robert_weir@us.ibm.com
cc
office@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject
Re: [office] OpenDocument TC coordination call draft minutes 2007-12-17

Hi, everyone,

My name is Panrong Yin. I found my name was missed in the Roll Call list on Dec. 17, 2007, actually, it was my first time to attend the TC coordination call. I am a new member of ODF TC. I am currently working on the IBM Lotus Symphony development. It is really great to join you who have common interests in promoting ODF. I'm so happy to learn from everyone and make my contributions to ODF TC.

Merry Christmas to you all!

Best Regards,
Panrong Yin (ÒüÅËáÉ)

IBM China Software Development Lab
Tel(Seat):86-10-82782244-4940
Notes: Pan Rong Yin/China/IBM
Address: 4/F, DeShi Building
No.9 Shangdi Donglu
Beijing 100085, P.R.China
E-mail: yinpanr@cn.ibm.com

Inactive hide details for robert_weir---12/19/2007 12:29:20 AM---OpenDocument TC coordination call draft minutes 2007-12-17robert_weir---12/19/2007 12:29:20 AM---OpenDocument TC coordination call draft minutes 2007-12-17
robert_weir@us.ibm.com

12/19/2007 12:17 AM

office@lists.oasis-open.org

cc

Subject

[office] OpenDocument TC coordination call draft minutes 2007-12-17

OpenDocument TC coordination call draft minutes 2007-12-17

* Called to order at 10:05 EST

* Roll Call

Rob Weir, IBM (Presiding)

Michael Brauer, Sun Microsystems

Ming Fei Jia, IBM

Shuang Qin, IBM

Helen Yue, IBM

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann, Sun Microsystems

Ma Yue, IBM

David Faure, KDE

Eike Rathke, Sun Microsystems

Patrick Durusau, Individual

8 of 9 voting members in attendance.

* Agenda was approved without modification

* The minutes of 3 December 2007, as posted to the TC list, were approved.

* Action Items

- (In progress) Work continues on defining the default values.  Ma Yue to post values for Lotus Symphony, OpenOffice.org spreadsheet work in progress

- (Completed) Michael has completed the XSLT transform for removing hidden sections from OpenFormula specification and posted to the mailing list on 123 December.

- (In progress) Oliver will make a specific proposal for fields enhancement, choosing from among the alternatives.

* Discussion

- ODF 1.0 errata

An ad-hoc working group was created, comprised of Rob, Michael and Patrick, to draft a response to the defect report submitted by SC34.  Rob will schedule a meeting with Jamie Clark and Mary McRae to review the OASIS policies and procedures regarding errata reports.

- Meeting time

Noticing that the TC has seen a recent increase in membership from China, there was a discussion of whether the current meeting time was optimal.  If desired we could alternate meeting times to accommodate our global membership. The point was made that this is a difficult question for the TC members present to answer, since any who would find the present time impossible would therefore not be present now to discuss this topic.

Recommendation was that TC members reach out to associates and see if there is an interest in a TC meeting time that might be better.

TODO:  Rob to contact Jon Bosak to see how he handled this concern in UBL TC, which also had a large, global membership.

- Fields Proposals

TODO: Oliver  write up a proposal, picking from one of the alternatives proposed (2, 4a and 4b).  Oliver will also check with Florian, who made the original proposal, to see if he has any additional observations.

-Rob confirmed that the next two TC meetings are canceled because of the holidays.  We will next meet on January 7th, 2008.

The meeting was adjourned.

pic22389.gif