Subject: Angle units (Re: [office] OpenDocument TC Coordination Call Minutes 2006-07-10)

On Tuesday 11 July 2006, Lars Oppermann wrote:
> 4. OpenDocument 1.1
>
> Degrees vs. radiants.
> In general, it should be clarified in the spec, that angle measurements
> are in units of degrees for draw-elements and -attributes.

It seems that this old resolution hasn't been fully applied in the 1.1
specification, nor to the current version of 1.2.

In 1.2-draft6 we found:

"9.5.5.6. Glue Point Leaving Directions
The draw:glue-point-leaving-directions attribute contains a comma separated
list of angles in grad."

and:

"9.5.8.5 Handle Position
[...]
the first parameter of the draw:handle-position attribute specifies the angle
in grad, the handle radius is specified by the second parameter"

Another thing we noticed is that this unit description is missing in
15.15.1.7 Angle   (draw:angle, in the gradient section).
I guess we should do what SVG does. From quick googling it seems
that svg allows all three types of angle, like we do for units, as part of the attribute?
(like "180deg"). That would be a solution too, but well, if we just standardize everything
on degrees that's a simpler solution.

Can the spec be changed to specify degrees for those three angles?