Subject: Re: [office] Possible teleconference with Burton

Carol,

I created a login so I could download and read the origin report.

I find it deeply amusing that the author of the report did not seem to
notice that OOXML does not define a mapping from legacy files to its XML
format. Hmmm, I guess that means that "...everyone [will do] what right
in his own eyes. Judges 21:25 In other words, there will be no one DOCX
representation of Word 97 files but as many as people who decide to
write mappings from Word 97 to DOCX. Some of them will be pretty close
to each other but without a "standard" I rather doubt they are all going
to be the same.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick