Subject: Re: [office] Possible teleconference with Burton

Patrick:

They have funded an open source project to do this.

"Microsoft officials separately announced that they will start a project on
open source development site SourceForge.net next month to produce tools to
convert files in Office's binary formats--.doc, .xls, .ppt, etc. ­ directly
into OOXML."

Credit where credit due.

Duane