Subject: Re: [office] Possible teleconference with Burton

Patrick:

On 1/21/08 4:21 PM, "Patrick Durusau" <patrick@durusau.net> wrote:

> Question: What is the purpose of an open source project when a vendor,
> in this case Microsoft, obviously already has such a mapping in place to
> convert from legacy files to OpenXML?

By convention, open source means it can be what the contributors agree is in
scope.  In other words, if there is something the community needs and able
contributors, it can be built.  MS put money into this to help the community
help themselves.

For the record, I am not an MS fan and use a Mac.

Duane

"Speaking only for myself"
Senior Technical Evangelist - Adobe Systems, Inc.
Blog - http://technoracle.blogspot.com
Community Music - http://www.mix2r.com
My Band - http://www.myspace.com/22ndcentury
Adobe MAX 2008 - http://technoracle.blogspot.com/2007/08/adobe-max-2008.html